Tuesday, November 10, 2009

The Night Before Defending

Ten and half hours prior to my thesis defense. Dinner consisted of homemade gourmet nachos, accompanied by mimosas brimming with expensive orange juice and cheap champagne. Not sure that will prove to be the best of ideas, but at least I am relaxed. Moreover, my vintage purse and Vera Bradley brief case are packed; my dress, cardigan, and underskirt are ironed; my black pantyhose, Spanx, and undergarments are laid out; my accessories and shoes are ready to slip on; advisor's gifts wrapped and thank you cards written; festive autumn plates and napkins are boxed up; organic free trade coffee ordered; 24 assorted Krispy Kreme doughnuts pick-up scheduled; personalized name tags for all attendees made; and comfort cushions the mind.

The presentation is loaded and ready to go. I need to 1) save it to my zip drive before going to bed. I'll be up at 5:30 a.m. to shower, bouffant my hair, perfect my make-up (including new lipstick and lip liner I bought today), dress, pack my cosmetic bag, drink coffee, review my presentation, grab my umbrella (boo), and be on my way.

Here's to praying that all the good luck, all things written in the stars, and all the true blessings align in a perfect ten-pin strike. Sharp, charming, and strong.

No comments:

Post a Comment